When I went on Twitter this morning, I noticed a new notification from Cassidy Wang who had tagged me in her post on the Liebster Award. Basically, what you do (if you’re tagged) is answer the questions of the person who tagged you and then tag 11 blogs with questions of your own. So, here’s the questions that Cassidy chose to ask.
1. Is there a reason you like to read?
I like to lose myself in different worlds. I love discovering new characters. Reading is something that I’ve loved doing since I was really small, when I used to spend about 50% of my time in my local library.
2. If you could meet anyone from any book who would it be?
I would love to meet Luna from Teri Terry’s Mind Games. The world she lives in is so unique and the skills they can gain is really interesting. She’s a powerful girl but unaware of it. I just think she’d be an interesting person to meet and talk to.
3. Have you met any authors? If so who?
I’ve met a couple authors. Christina Banach who wrote Minty and Lucy Saxon who wrote Take Back the Skies. I may have met more in the past, but I can’t really remember. I’m heading to YALC at the London Film and Comic Con in July though, so I’ll meet a whole bunch of authors there.
4. Do you want to become a published author one day?
I do. I’ve already sent out queries for my middle grade fantasy/adventure novel That’s Charming. I’ve also self-published some stories.
5. All time favorite series or book.
I love the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher. They’re so fast paced and full of action and humour that you whizz through one without realising it.
6. Do you have a hobby beside reading?
Video games and drawing. If I am not reading, I am most likely playing a video game of some sort. I very rarely draw these days, but I do like to do a portrait every now and then – especially if I’m going to a convention where I can get it signed. Some examples (because I’m always incredibly proud of them):
(right click and open in a new window for bigger image)
7. Whats the best book couple ever?
Simon and Blue in Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda! That whole book is just amazing and gives you the warm fuzzies and the pair are ridiculously adorable.
8. Favorite genre?
I prefer a good crime novel with thriller or paranormal elements, but you can’t beat a good fantasy and I’ve recently come to love YA contemporary.
9. Whats the weirdest book you’ve ever read?
This is a difficult question. Weird good or weird bad? Doll Face by Tim Curran was weird in a bad way. It’s the End of the World as We Know It by Saci Lloyd was weird in a good way. One was horrific and sexually motivated when it didn’t need to be (Tim Curran), the other was like the internet come to life in a book (Saci Lloyd).
10. If you could only read one author who would it be?
This is a really difficult question! I honestly don’t know who I would pick for this.
11. Ebook or Paperback book?
I like both equally.
So there’s my answers to Cassidy’s questions. Hopefully you enjoyed them!
I’m going to tag…
Chelsea – Chelsea’s Book Obsession
Teresa – Just Little Musings
Mimi – Cover to Cover
Amy – Read What I Like
Katherine – Neon Yeti Reads
Stefani – Caught Read Handed
Angelina & Brianna – Otakutwins Reviews
Sofia – The Reading Fangirl
Ashley – Socially Awkward Bookworm
Jade – Scatterbooker
And here are the 11 questions that I’ve randomly picked for these lovely bloggers:
1. Do you have a favourite publisher? If so, why?
2. Are you a mood reader?
3. Favourite quote from a book?
4. What’s your favourite thing about being a book blogger?
5. Have you ever been to a bookish event?
6. If you could meet any author (past or present), who would it be and why?
7. What do you look for in a book?
8. Is there a genre that you will never EVER read?
9. What is a book that surprised you?
10. What will you do when your TBR hits 0?
11. What are you reading right now?
Hope you guys enjoyed! I look forward to reading the responses to my questions 🙂